This product has been entered for billing purposes only.
- Understanding the 12 steps for revamping or starting an inclusion initiative.
- Recognize the challenges organizations face as they work towards progress.
- Understanding the steps it takes to implement a sensible and realistic plan.
We have come together on other initiatives and have made a great difference in promoting the public interest. It is time to use the lessons and best practices we learned to reduce and hopefully, one day eliminate racism and unconscious bias.
A time of unrest has provided an opportunity for CPAs and financial professionals to make an impact in their workplaces and the community.
- Acknowledge the challenges faced by the Black and African American community
- Conduct a ‘listen and understand’ town hall with ideas crowdsourced from team members across the organization
- Review the data
- Ask periodically for honest feedback on the culture of the organization, and communicate transparently about the results and action plan
- Establish appropriate funding that is aligned with outcomes expected
- Communicate the vision
- Encourage allies to join the affinity groups, and create new groups based on hobbies and interests
- Determine ways to promote individual and collective accountability for the inclusion culture and the organization’s core values
- Journey-map the employee experience of various employees
- Conduct diversity and inclusion training
- Review what additional support and training can be provided to middle managers based on various scenarios and exit interviews
- Move inclusive leadership to the main stage
Business Learning Institute
Professional Area of Focus
CPE Field of Study
Who Should Attend
All professionals who care about making a difference in our firms, our businesses, and our communities.
Register for this Event
MACPA – GNFP – A 12-Step Plan to Address Racism and Unconscious Bias, including the impact from the Covid pandemic