It’s a new world in the workplace. Groundbreaking shifts in regulation, demographics, leadership and technology mean that “business as usual” doesn’t cut it anymore. Success today depends on our ability to collaborate, connect, innovate and inspire.
For the past decade, Bill Sheridan has used the Maryland Association of CPAs’ acclaimed blog, CPA Success, to show us how — and he’s learned a valuable lesson along the way: We’ll build better businesses, live better lives, and conquer complexity once we master the ability to look, lead, love and learn.
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify best practices for leadership, future-readiness, lifelong learning, and service to others — and learn how these practices relate to you, your organization, and your career.
- Identify key concepts of being an anticipatory organization.
- Identify steps to becoming future-ready.
- Identify what separates the best leaders from the rest of the pack.
- Recognize the importance of relationships and culture.
- Identify key reasons why learning is imperative.
- Becoming future-ready
- Anticipation *Innovation
- Driving change
- Great leadership
- Taking chances
- Competitive advantage
- Employee engagement
- Hiring for culture versus performance
- Relationships matter most
- Being relevant
- The power of generosity
- The shift-change
- Keeping up
- Social media as an information filter
- Lifelong learning and the workforce
- The adaptive mind-set
- Networks and resources
Business Learning Institute
Professional Area of Focus
William D. Sheridan