Lease accounting is undergoing drastic revisions for all organizations. Standards differ in subtle and significant ways between ASU 2016-02 (FASB) and GASB 87. This course focusses on the impact on governmental units
- Prepare to implement the revenue recognition standard and understand how it may change recognition, documentation and disclosure for your company or clients
- Obtain and utilize a progress report on standards affecting revenue recognition, leases, and financial instruments
- Understand the accountants compliance and reporting responsibilities for data breaches
- Understand the impact of Peer Review program changes on your practice
- Receive an implementation update on SSARS 21, and the preparation of (plain paper) engagements
- Recognize recent FASB standards and how they will affect your company or clients.
- Identify current and proposed standards involving EITF, FASB, PCAOB, ASB, and IASB.
- Understand how data analytics will transform the accounting profession.
- Economics, business and reporting risk in today’s economy
- Implementing the revenue recognition standard
- Cybersecurity: compliance and reporting issues
- Recent accounting standards, cash flow, not for profits and financial instruments.
- Financial reporting consequences of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
- Recent FASB pronouncements
- FASB’s simplification projects
- SSARS Update: 21: Preparation, compilation and review update
- ASB standards
- The impact of deregulation on compliance & reporting
Business Learning Institute
Professional Area of Focus
Who Should Attend
Accountants in public practice and industry who need a comprehensive review of recent accounting and auditing pronouncements and other developments which will affect them in the coming year
Prior learning or experience in accounting and auditing
Aug 3, 2020
8:30 am - 12:00 pm EST
Huber, Michaels & Company
110 S Centre St
Cumberland, MD 21502 US
Register for this Event
Huber, Michaels & Company – Accounting & Auditing Update Day 1