Understanding the business case for diversity, equity & belonging is critical for developing an effective D&I strategy. An important first step is understanding implicit bias and learning how to navigate uncomfortable conversations. In this session, we will cover these topics and walk through the core elements of a D&I strategy to help firms identify where to start or take existing D&I initiatives to the next level.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss the business case for diversity, equity and inclusion in business
- Understand implicit bias and explore strategies for navigating difficult conversations
- Review the components of a D&I strategy and walk through a framework for getting started
- We will explore the benefits of D&I and how it can help improve organizational performance, with a focus on the data supporting the business case for diversity.
- Given recent headlines and the trending interest in organizations working on meaningful change, we will explore some of the challenges when talking about/working on D&I initiatives. We will discuss implicit bias and the importance of increasing awareness to help employees feel safe engaging in uncomfortable conversations, to build trust and foster a sense of inclusion and belonging in the workplace.
- We will provide an overview of a D&I strategy, then walk through each component to help attendees identify what elements are best suited for their organization.
Business Learning Institute
Professional Area of Focus
CPE Field of Study
Business Management & Organization
Who Should Attend
Firms and organizations seeking to improve their understanding of and commitment to diversity and inclusion. We will review the data that supports business case for diversity and provide a framework for building a D&I strategy or identifying next-steps for existing strategies. We will review the role of implicit bias, the impact of non-conscious intention and the importance of self-awareness in building a more inclusive culture of equity & belonging.
Register for this Event
Home Depot (GSCPA) – 21FDBC – Virtual