You may want to be on the nightly news, but not for an egregious breach of ethics. You may be saying, “that will never happen to me.” And those were the words spoken by Wells Fargo, United Airlines, Senator Al Franken, and Steve Wynn. Sadly, a claim of an ethical failure stays in the news for almost 5 years. Long enough to damage your reputation and lower your profitability.
An ethical climate needs constant care and feeding to be maintained. In this lively and thought provoking session, we will discuss why ethics is both complicated and difficult, how to prevent employees (and you) from taking the first step down a slippery slope, and walk through a six-step process for creating an ethical culture.
CLICK HERE FOR SELF-STUDY VERSION!
* Recognize the benefits of being ethical
* Recognize ways we all behave unethically (and still think we are ethical)
* Identify ethical difficulties including right vs right dilemmas and external pressures
* Identify six easily implementable steps to create and maintain an ethical culture
* Benefits of ethical behavior
* 6 steps to implement to create and maintain an ethical culture
* Example of unethical behavior in ethical companies
CPAs in public and private practice