In this course, we review:
Current year developments, recurring problems, and planning ideas. Using a combination of humor and examples, we will focus on tax developments that affect 2021 Individual Income tax return preparation and planning for individuals.
This course is designed to:
- Provide explanations and planning ideas relating to the latest 2021 individual income tax developments, including the most recent guidance on provisions of the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021, and any other 2021 legislation,
- Help practitioners prepare for “tax season,”
- Review and update various tax law provisions and planning ideas affecting individuals. The course includes a reference manual with each chapter containing basic rules, selected items of interest, 2021 developments, planning ideas, and listings of related IRS forms and publications. Where applicable, each chapter of the manual includes a segment devoted to the impact of recent legislation.
Review of Individual Income Taxation Including:
- Key individual provisions (including developments) of the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 and the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021 effective for 2021 including: Increased Child Tax Credit and Dependent Care Credit; Stimulus Payments And Rebate Credit; Tax Free Forgiveness of Student Loans; Increased Charitable Contribution Deductions; Increased Premium Tax Credit; Expanded Earned Income Credit; and More!
- 2021 Developments Concerning Provisions of the SECURE Act and The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
- Planning Ideas, Including Planning With New Tax Legislation.
- Important 2021 Regulations, Court Cases, Rulings And Other Non-Legislative Developments.
- Affordable Care Act Developments Including Changes To Premium Tax Credit.
- Net Investment Income Tax Provisions.
- Review Of Home Mortgage Interest, Investment Interest And Business Interest Rules.
- Section 1031 Like-Kind Exchange Developments.
- Planning With The §121 Gain Exclusion For A Principal Residence.
- Review Of Selected Individual Tax Credits.
- Charitable Contributions.
Don Farmer Seminars
Professional Area of Focus
Who Should Attend
Individuals who prepare individual income tax returns or who are involved in individual income tax planning.
At Least One “Tax Season.”
Detailed knowledge of individual income taxation and individual income tax return preparation.
Register for this Event
Don Farmer’s 2021 Individual Income Tax Workshop