- To review major developments in federal income taxation for individuals, corporations, and other businesses having the greatest impact on participants, clients, and companies.
- The course will emphasize the most recent developments and planning ideas regarding the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
- The seminar is designed to update participants concerning 2019 tax developments emphasizing practical solutions to problems and tax planning opportunities.
- Due to major changes under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA), the 2019 tax season was one of the most challenging in recent memory but those challenges did not end with the 2019 tax season.
- IRS continues to release significant guidance on many of TCJAs key provisions.
- The seminar will review the latest developments and guidance on critically-important TCJA provisions, such as the: final ‘199A 20% deduction regulations which are binding for 2019; 100% ‘168(k) depreciation deduction; expanded ‘179 deduction; limitation on business interest expense; disallowance of entertainment expenses; deductibility of business meals; accounting method changes for small businesses; individual excess loss provisions; disallowance of miscellaneous itemized deductions; modifications to home mortgage interest deduction; and more!
- This seminar will also provide a review of any other significant 2019 tax legislation, as well as new tax cases, rulings, and regulations expected to have the most significant impact on individuals and businesses, including the new centralized partnership audit rules (CPAR).
- The presentation will emphasize tax planning opportunities resulting from these recent developments.
The course material also includes:
- A checklist of developments first effective in 2019.
- A checklist of expiring and/or recently expired tax provisions.
- A detailed planning section for businesses and individuals, emphasizing planning with 2019 developments.
- Selected new or modified Federal tax forms for 2019.
Business Learning Institute
Professional Area of Focus
Who Should Attend
Individuals having one or more Tax Seasons and a general understanding of individual, corporate and business income taxation who are involved in the preparation and/or review of individual, corporate and business income tax returns or who provide tax planning advice to individuals and businesses.
Nov 26, 2019
12:50 pm - 1:34 pm EDT
In-Person + Simulcast
Register for this Event
DEMO – Sample BLI Simulcast