Effective leadership requires more than technical prowess. Today’s controllers and managers need to be adept at understanding and leading a team.
This course, part of the Business Learning Institute’s CFO/Controller Series, shows you how to master the “soft skills” of business management. Join fellow business managers for sessions taught by experts in negotiation, leadership, and team building trends and techniques, and learn to achieve organizational goals and oversee the integrated functions of the firm.
Upon completion of this course, participants will possess:
- The ability to recognize the key characteristics of effective communication
- The skill to apply these characteristics in negotiation and team building scenarios
- The knowledge to integrate these experiences into short-term and long-term leadership development plans.
- Theories of Effective Oral and Written Communication
- Defining Simplicity, Creativity, and Humanity
- Organizational Frameworks and Case Examples
- Group Dynamics and Organizational Behavior
- Negotiation Theory in Business, Politics, and Culture
- Leadership Models and Case Examples
- Ethics vs Morality: Codes of Employee Behavior
- Save The Blue Frog: An Interactive, Experiential Game
Business Learning Institute
Who Should Attend
CFOs, Controllers, Financial Professionals, and CPAs working in Client Accounting Services
Experience as a Controller, CFO, or Manager
Register for this Event
CFO/Controller & Financial Professional Updates Seminar Series Part 3: Soft Skills in Leadership, Negotiation, and Team Building