“Tomorrow’s Controller Today” will demonstrate the difference between the ordinary and extraordinary Controller. Whether internal, contracted or supervised, Controllers must raise their skillsets to be more strategic and insightful. Just as Quality is expected in manufacturing, traditional accounting services such as reporting, controls, transactions, etc., are commodities to be completed timely and accurately. This two-day course will demonstrate how changing technology, future focus, unique ratios and trends can catapult a Controller from commodity to key business partner of the management team.
This course identifies the tools, understanding, and skills to enable today’s Controller to be successful tomorrow.
Upon completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Identify a new vision for their accounting department.
- Recognize the changing role of accounting from data aggregation to data analytics.
- Identify business cycles and tools to map out their organization and the overall industry cycles.
- Identify new tools to employ including data analysis, robotic process automation, artificial intelligence.
- Recognize the real reason companies fail and the relationship to working capital.
- Improve recruiting, retaining and developing of staff.
- Economic trends and business cycles
- Business Intelligence, Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics
- Tools (Visualization)
- Change and impact to Accounting Function
- The Strategic Controller/CFO
- Controller/CFO Value
- Business Planning
- Strategic Planning
- Contingency Planning
- Working Capital
- Lifeblood of the business
- Business failure statistics
- Business Turnaround
- Key ratios
- Recruit, Retain and Develop
- Unstoppable Teams
- Profiling for Success and Development
- Employee Needs
- Leadership Development & Servant Leadership
- Future Focus
- CEO, Board and Executive team interactions
- Environment scanning
Business Learning Institute
CPE Field of Study
Business Management & Organization
Who Should Attend
Attendees should be aspiring controllers, controllers, VP-finance, CFOs or CPAs that serve the preceding positions.
Participants should be open-minded and willing to learn about business strategy in addition to accounting tactics.
Register for this Event
BKR International – Tomorrow’s Controller Today (Day One)