With rapidly shifting demographics, the very nature of the Human Capital we depend on is shifting. Most “Generational” discussions focus on the differences of discrete groups within our population, and the result can be somewhat divisive.
This program has a different focus – a more inclusive look at the generations, with a focus on communication methods to bridge the gaps. With the overall size of the millennial cohort in the workforce, this presentation spends a majority of its time on communicating with Millennials.
- Recognize the shifts happening in the generations that make up the workforce – how to read and react to those shifts
- Identify effective communication strategies using a mix of communication channels across generations, while maintaining a consistent message
- Identify strategies for keeping high performing talent from across all generationsRecognize the main types of information and how to use them to best reduce information overload
- Identify the three core values that all generations have in common as the most important
- Understand the modern workforce, from both a generational angle and from a societal viewpoint
- Realize that our communication patterns must change to reach across the workforce
- Prioritize the effort based on the makeup of the workforce, with Millennials the largest cohort
- Strategies and tips for managing the new workforce
- A reminder about the importance of Ethics and Integrity to the sustainability of a high performing culture
Business Learning Institute
Professional Area of Focus
T Shaped Professional Anticipating and Serving Evolving Needs
T Shaped Professional Leadership
T Shaped Professional Communication
T Shaped Professional Integration and Collaboration
CPE Field of Study
Who Should Attend
Professionals in a leadership, supervisory or managerial position.
At least one year managerial experience
Register for this Course
Anticipate the Next Generation: A Different Take on the Generations