Jim Boomer, CEO of Boomer Consulting, Inc., is an expert on managing technology within an accounting firm. He serves as the director of the Boomer Technology Circles, The Advisor Circle and the CIO Circle. He also acts as a strategic planning and technology consultant and firm adviser to CPA firms across the country. Accounting Today called him a “thought leader who can help accountants create next-generation firms.”
Jim is a prolific writer with a monthly column in The CPA Practice Advisor and has been published in a number of industry publications including Accounting Today, Accounting Web, the International Group of Accounting Firms and several state society publications. Prior to joining Boomer, Jim worked for BearingPoint and Arthur Andersen Business Consulting in Phoenix, AZ and San Francisco, CA. Throughout his career, Jim’s projects have focused on IT strategy and implementation, including knowledge management, document management, workplace collaboration and corporate portals projects. He has experience with several e-Business and Business Intelligence technologies, and his previous client list includes several Fortune 500 companies.
Awards and Recognitions
- 2012-2018 Top 100 Most Influential People in Accounting
- 2008-2015 CPA Practice Advisor’s “40 Under 40”
- 2011–2018 CPA Practice Advisor’s Top 25 Thought Leaders
- 2015-2018 Chair of AICPA TECH+ Conference Steering Committee
- 2007-2019 AICPA TECH+ Conference Steering Committee
- 2014 Inside Public Accounting Most Recommended Consultants
- 2016 AICPA IMTA Standing Ovation Recognition
- 2011 AICPA Leadership Academy Graduate of the KSCPA’s “20 Under 40” Leadership Program
- 2011-2013 AICPA CITP Credential Committee
- 2018 Chair of KSCPA Board of Directors
- 2012-2014 & 2016-2018 KSCPA Board of Directors Kolbe
Jim Boomer is a highly practical thinker who is willing to try new ideas but is careful to count the cost ahead of time. Though he is an innovator who enjoys promoting alternatives, Jim reviews all relevant evidence and abides by established processes. His creativity and imagination permit him to turn abstract ideas into reliable solutions.