Danny started his accounting career with Touche Ross in 1980 and joined Grant Thornton as a senior associate in 1983. He became a partner in 1996 and retired from the firm in 2015. With a knack for making each client feel they are his number one priority, Danny built long-standing loyal and successful client relationships, many of which continue to this day as he pursues the next phase of his career.
During his 35 years in public accounting, Danny served clients in a wide array of industries, primarily manufacturing, distribution, service, and technology. He was responsible for the coordination and delivery of accounting, auditing and business advisory services to clients, as well as the recruiting, development and mentoring of professional personnel. Some of Danny’s previous hires, with whom he had mentoring relationships, include two partners, a managing director, director and senior manager.
In addition to accounting and auditing, Danny has extensive experience working with closely held companies, acting in an advisory role in connection with all aspects of business operations. Specific areas include the negotiation and structuring of mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, assistance with financing, leasing, and insurance transactions, development of the accounting and finance function, and planning for business succession and estate matters.
As leader of Grant Thornton’s Mid-Atlantic Consumer & Industrial Products Practice from 1996 – 2013, Danny was instrumental in the development and implementation of industry-related programs designed to increase employees’ and clients’ knowledge of issues affecting the industry.
Professional Qualifications, Memberships and Board Activities:
* Certified Public Accountant (Licensed in Maryland and Florida)
* American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
* Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants
* Regional Manufacturing Institute, Board Member 2003 – 2014
* Instructor and Thought Leader – Business Learning Institute (MACPA); Grant Thornton – local and national training programs
* Advisory Board Member – Saval Foods Corporation; August 2015 – present
* Advisory Director – BBVA Compass Bank, Mid-Atlantic Region; October 2015 – present
Danny received his Bachelor of Science in Accounting from the University of Maryland and his Master of Science in Finance from Loyola University in Maryland. He has also retained certification in Integrated Resource Management (CIRM) from the American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS).