Do you perform financial statement audits in accordance with the Yellow Book? This course provides an excellent baseline of information for accountants in understanding the requirements related to performing and audit under the Yellow Book. It is essential that all auditors planning and conducting financial audits in accordance with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS, GAS, or simply the “Yellow Book”) understand and be able to discern key concepts and standards accordingly in executing their responsibilities.
Course ID: CL4EOYB
Yellow Book Financial Audits
- Recall the concepts and guidance found in the Yellow Book.
- Recognize Yellow Book requirements related to CPE, independence, and peer review.
- Identify the additional requirements for performing a financial statement audit under Government Auditing Standards.
- Recognize the additional reporting requirements for financial audits.
- Foundation and ethical principles of government auditing
- Standards for use and application of Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS) (“Yellow Book”)
- General standards
- Standards for financial audits
- Compliance audits under the Uniform Guidance
DESIGNED FORGovernment auditors and public accountants planning or conducting audits in accordance with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards ("Yellow Book")
FIELD OF STUDY
- Auditing (Gvmt)