Being a leader is hard. Being an effective leader is even harder. This interactive session steps away from the academic principles of leadership and management to present a holistic and humanistic approach to leadership, to explore what it means to be an effective leader, and to provide strategies to manage the rewards and inherent challenges of leadership.
Course ID: WHATLEAD
What it Means to Be a Leader
- Understand the difference between being a leader and a boss;
- Learn the critical leadership factors that are essential to achieve outstanding, consistent results;
- Identify some of the most challenging, but often overlooked, issues that every leader will eventually face, and how to address them;
- Develop the self-awareness and mental strength to manage the “weight” of leadership.
- Critical lessons learned from coaching an undefeated soccer team to coaching high level corporate executive teams
- Establishing a healthy, mission-driven culture of trust, accountability and high expectation
- Passion, belief and courage
- Ethical responsibilities
- Ushering change and making hard decisions
- The isolation of leadership, and the critical role of advisors, mentors and confidants;
- Managing self through body and mind.