Learn from the expert who literally wrote the book on Ponzi schemes. “Ponzi Proof Your Investments: An Investor’s Guide to Avoiding Ponzi Schemes” and “The Ponzi Book: A Legal Resource for Unraveling Ponzi Schemes” how to spot the flags of fraud and discusses how to analyze and evaluate financials.
Course ID: KathyPzi
What CPAs Need to Know About Detecting and Preventing Ponzi Schemes
- Ponzi fraudsters steal money from new investors to pay previous investors so by their nature target people with money, meaning many target those planning their retirement. Learn what due diligence questions to ask and what investigation to conduct to spot a Ponzi scheme.
- Best practices for a thorough fraud investigation
- How to analyze the company’s paperwork
- How to evaluate the financials
- How to best investigate publicly available information
- How to evaluate the business model
- How to analyze the corporate structure
- How to evaluate operational issues
- What not to believe
- What the typical promises are that will be made