This course will provide the particpant with a comprehensive overview of the financial planning process. The participant will gain an in-depth understanding of the essential elements of a comprehensive financial plan, from the first step of developing a budget to an understanding of the planning techniques and strategies in managing risk, college financing and retirement planning, among others.
Course ID: BTFP
Understanding the Basic Techniques of Financial Planning
- To provide practitioners with an in-depth understanding of the essential elements of a federal financial plan.
- An overview to set the stage for the participant to become an effective financial services professional
- The co-op approach to financial planning
- A review of the financial planning process
- Essential data gathering
- How to help a client develop a working budget
- How to evaluate risk and undertake an appropriate strategy for managing such risk
- Determinig the need for life insurance
- Issues and techniques in colloege financial planning
- Issues and techniques in retirement planning
- Issues and techniques in estate planning
- Regulation and registration issues for investment advisors