Are you ready to take your role as controller to the next level while adding significant value to the organization? A successful Controller will go beyond financial statements, internal controls and general accounting to create new value for the organization. We’ll explore new additional roles that controllers are now accepting and outline a roadmap you can use to expand your role as a controller from simply internal process/transaction oriented to externally focused understanding of industry and macro trends.
Course ID: COBP
Transforming Your Role as Controller to Business Partner
- Differentiate between the value of the traditional controller and the business oriented controller.
- Recall the definition of controllership in your company by integrating controllership into the larger financial and organization leadership function.
- Distinguish your role within your organization.
- Apply a wide variety of financial and management skills to integrate the position of controller into the organization’s overall financial process.
- Recognize how Servant Leadership increases the success of the controller.
- Leadership vs. Management
- Business and strategic planning processes
- Corporate culture
- Lean management techniques and processes
- Promoting and maintaining an ethical culture
- Recruiting, retaining and developing employees
- Project and change management
- Communications, listening and presentation skills
- Managing “up” and how to master it
- Business Strategy and the Controller
- The need for increased efficiency and the application of Lean techniques
- Application of best practices in the Accounting Department