When an organization fails, it is usually due to several factors. These problems often result from a number of undetected, poor practices that infect and grow throughout the entire organization. They can include a lack of understanding of costs, poor asset allocation, systems that support the status quo, failure to identify risk, tunnel vision by management, and so on. Often, management will repeat poor practices across the enterprise. This course demonstrates the use of practices, techniques, and analytical tools specifically designed to assist CPAs and other financial professionals in adding value to their company. These areas include decision-making, cost and capacity management, selected accounting practices, understanding business cycles, managing continuous improvements, cash management, valuation techniques, and risk management. Examples of actions by both successful and failed organizations are used throughout the session.
Course ID: TKBP
Toolkit of Best Practices for Today’s Controller and Financial Manager
- Identify, and correct, practices that can negatively impact an organization.
- Determine and measure cost drivers and trends.
- Identify how to improve capital allocation processes and capacity management.
- Determine changes to a company’s practices and recall how to navigate the organization through the business cycle.
- Determine a process to drive continuous improvement through the use of Lean.
- Evaluate cash management activities and consolidate them into an organization’s plans.
- Select the framework, valuation techniques, and process for managing M&A activity and capital programs.
- Identify and manage risk throughout the enterprise.
- Techniques and ideas to establish and maintain an effective organization
- Examples of successful and failed companies as a source of learning
- Discussions concerning the impact of the components of costs, capacity, and M&A activity
- Identification of broad measures that provide insights into the direction of the economy
- Practical ideas to improve forecasting
- The role of CPAs in acquisitions and divestitures
- Framework and methods to uncover and manage risk
DESIGNED FOROwners, controllers, treasurers, financial officers, and other financial managers in organizations with less than $250 million in sales
FIELD OF STUDY
- Mgmt Advisory Services