Every business, every accounting practice and every individual is being faced with the same decision – should I move my software, data and/or server infrastructure to the cloud? If so, what do I need to be aware of and how do I go about the process? This symposium will provide you with all of the answers you need to make an informed decision about what, why, when and how to move to the cloud.
Course ID: CMTS011L
To the Cloud or Not? – Cloud and Mobile Technology Symposium
- You will learn about the important concepts and terminology related to cloud computing
- You will be better prepared to make the decision about whether or not to move to the cloud and how to go about the transition.
- Develop a better understanding of how to leverage mobile computing as a strategic tool for staffing success and client service.
Specific topics that will be covered include:
- Why would I want to embrace the “cloud” and what are my risks?
- Understanding the components of cloud computing; infrastructure, software applications, data storage and sharing.
- What about data security – How do I know my data is safe and secure?
- How to leverage the value of the cloud with tablets and smartphones
- Cloud accounting systems – the next frontier and why you should embrace them
- Office 365 – What is it all about and is it appropriate for you
- It is not an all or nothing proposition – how to develop a roadmap to transition to the cloud at a pace that suits your objectives
- The relationship between “paperless” and cloud computing
- A real life case study of cloud based business model
DESIGNED FORAnyone who wants to understand the fundamentals of cloud computing and what issues you need to consider when planning to make the transition.
FIELD OF STUDY
- Specialized Knowledge & Application