The pursuit of happiness has long been a goal of the human race. However, it is as elusive today as it was when Aristotle pondered its meaning in 350 BC. This course explores the Theory of Well-being, an evidence-based theory from the field of positive psychology that sheds new insight into what makes for a life well-lived, and explains what else we need (in addition to happiness) to flourish.
Course ID: PLINK2
#thinkplink: The Theory of Well-being (PERMA)
- Discover the Theory of Well-being, an evidence based approach to flourishing over the course of a lifetime
- Identify each of the five domains: positive emotion, engagement, relationships, meaning and purpose, and achievement
- Define meaning and purpose
- Identify attributes needed to achieve flow
- The Theory of Well-being
- Domains essential to well-being: positive emotion, engagement, relationships, meaning and purpose, and achievement
- Key findings within each of the domains of well-being such – 3:1 Positivity Ratio, conditions of the flow state, and the different types of achievements that contribute to well-being (as well as those that don’t)
- Practical ideas for getting started on increasing your well-being
DESIGNED FORIdeal for individual and team development, and/or deepening organizational knowledge regarding human capital and strengths of culture. Especially relevant to those people and organizations who believe that they could be living life more fully, getting better results, and having more fun doing it.
FIELD OF STUDY
- Personal Development