Your financial accounting credentials do not automatically qualify you for a CFO role. Today’s CFOs have skills that go far beyond financial accounting. Come share ideas with veteran CFOs and learn new techniques that will make you more effective now and long into the future.
Course ID: SCFO
The Strategic CFO: Big Picture Skills
- To discuss four big picture skills required of CFOs.
CFO’s Role in Strategy Development
- Identify a source of competitive advantage
- Map your strategy
- Tie your strategy to performance metrics
- Execute your strategy CFO’s Role in Strategic Cash Management
- Know where and how to get money
- Set cash management policy
- Prevent cash management surprises CFO’s Role in Strategic Risk Management
- Identify possible exposure
- Evaluate consequences
- Prepare for the unexpected CFO’s Role in Strategic Financial Communications
- Why your board’s “knowing nods” may be a bad sign
- Providing financial education to our stakeholders
- Telling your organization’s story Includes group discussion of five cases.
DESIGNED FORThis seminar is for people who are, or aspire to be, chief financial officers. We will focus discussions on medium-sized organizations.
FIELD OF STUDY
- Business Mgmt & Organization