The controller of a company must have people management skills to hire the best people for the department, correct and coach in a successful fashion, and lead the department to the point where it is a well-oiled machine. The job of the controller is very challenging, and that is why we explore personal tips on individual efficiency, delegation, and working within the corporate politics of the organization. This course makes a clear and important distinction between the older-style organization similar to GM, and the newer organizations like Google or Apple. As the course moves through the subjects, constant contrast is made between how things are done in the modern versus the older-style organization. Make sure you have all the right tools to thrive in today’s environment and manage a more successful organization!
Course ID: CL4BMS
The New Controllership: Keys to Boosting Management Skills
- Determine how you, as a finance professional, can influence your organization’s success and make the most of your company’s potential.
- Apply techniques for managing a more successful organization.
- Identify new and more efficient ways to run your department.
- Distinguish new ways of achieving greater success as an individual
- Changing styles of organizations
- Leadership vs. management
- Hiring the right people
- Personality types
- Employee motivation
- Negotiation skills