Tom Hood, CPA, CGMA CITP, discusses hard trends forming big waves of disruption and change across the CPA profession, and the need for the accounting and finance professional to recognize them and respond proactively. Will the accounting industry be like the taxicab industry fighting Uber? Or will it embrace and extend these oceans of opportunity and learn how to surf? Learn about the concept of a fourth industrial revolution, recognize why you need to be prepared and the steps needed to navigate this change.
Course ID: TFABWCOO
The Future of Accounting: Big Waves of Change and Oceans of Opportunity
- Understand the Fourth Industrial Revolution and exponential change impacting the accounting profession
- Identify the three categories of hard trends and their impact on business and the profession
- Recognize opportunities based on the hard trends that can be used for firms and businesses
- Develop a plan for maximizing the opportunities and dealing with change
- Waves of Change: The Fourth Industrial Revolution
We are facing a perfect storm of trends and changes. This change can mark an opportunity to rise to new heights or it may just as easily signal the beginning of the end. Are you future-ready?
- Waves of Change: Oceans of Opportunity
How will you face the waves of change? Will you inch into the waves or will you jump in? When waves come crashing in, will you be facing them or is your back to them, leaving you unprepared and not knowing when the next big one will hit?
- Waves of Change: Navigating Change
In an age of rapid change, of increasing complexity, the winners will be those who can get their rate of learning greater than the rate of change and greater than their competition. You must make time for the future.
DESIGNED FORAccounting Professionals at all levels
FIELD OF STUDY
- Management Services