Increasingly, laws are passed with a focus on short-term merits or benefits to a few constituencies and groups. This presentation will analyze both the short- and long-term implications, and the possibly unintended consequences of the recently passed U.S. HL reform legislation, including how it might affect consumers, employers and U.S. industry. In this way, the presentation will compare stated policy goals with anticipated outcomes.This program is customizable depending on the needs of the client.
Course ID: EHRIIS
The Economics of Health Reform: Implications for Industry & Society
- After attending the presentation
- participants will –
- Gain an understanding of the current U.S. HL system and its recent performance relative to fiscal
- clinical and policy outcomes
- Gain an understanding of the major structural tenets of the health reform legislation
- Explore implications on individuals
- industry and the U.S. economy as a whole
- Be better able to analyze the impact of reform personally
- on their business
- and on the state of the domestic economy.
- Close to policy makers
- Most current thinking and analysis