Gain a practical understanding of the various complex tax laws dealing with sale, disposal, or exchange of property. This course includes analyses of the rules dealing with like-kind exchanges, and includes involuntary conversions. It also covers important property-related timing issues and planning opportunities that can lead to significant tax savings.
Course ID: CL4TPT
Taxation of Property Transactions
- Apply proper treatment of involuntary conversions.
- Explain the deferral of realized gain or loss on a like-kind property exchange.
- Determine the amount of gain or loss on the sale of property.
- Determine the character of recognized gain or loss on the disposition of business property.
- Implement comprehensive property tax strategies to minimize taxes.
- IRC sections 1231, 1245,1250
- Depreciation Recapture
- Capital gains and losses
- Non-recognition transactions
DESIGNED FORTax staff and senior associates
FIELD OF STUDY