Designed to provide you with a working knowledge of the methodology of implementation-based tax research, this CPE course draws on the latest developments in online research. You will learn how to ask the right questions, organize the facts, locate and assess pertinent authority, and clearly communicate research findings.
Course ID: TSETR1
Tax Research I – Tax Staff Essentials
- Recall the methodology of implementation-based tax research.
- Identify and analyze the pertinent facts and applicable laws to determine a tax result.
- Apply the hierarchy for sources of tax authority in researching a tax question.
- Recall how to execute efficient and meaningful research within tax online services.
- Online Tax Research methodology
- Authoritative Tax Hierarchy
- The power of professional language in business writing
- Book/Tax Adjustment documentation
- Tax Return support documentation
DESIGNED FORCPAs in PA or MA; particularly new tax staff (firm or in-house)
FIELD OF STUDY