Solid tax planning strategies are essential for your corporate and small business clients. Join us as we explore state-of-the-art planning ideas and tax-saving strategies to keep more of your client’s money in their pockets. We’ll answer the tough questions and show you what strategies are best for your clients as a result of the most recent tax reform.
Course ID: CL4STSB
Tax Planning Strategies for Small Businesses: Corporations, Partnerships, & LLCs
- Identify important tax considerations for the small business at each stage of its life.
- Differentiate entity type options available for small businesses.
- Choose a tax-saving retirement plan that best suits a small business.
- Select an appropriate strategy for compliance with the Affordable Care Act employer provisions.
- Select the appropriate taxes to withhold when hiring family members.
- Compare IRS concerns regarding reasonable compensation for an S corporation owner versus a C corporation owner.
- Differentiate the various ways in which LLC owners may be subject to self-employment taxes.
- Choose the correct tax treatment for fringe benefits granted to partners and S corporation shareholders.
- Analyze educational assistance provided to employees to determine whether it qualifies as a working condition fringe benefit.
- Identify the characteristics that establish economic substance for a loan transaction between a business and its owner.
- Choose the correct tax treatment for a covenant not to compete that is entered into in connection with the acquisition of a business interest.
- Apply tax knowledge to help create an efficient and effective estate plan for a client.
- Analyze a client’s need for a buy-sell agreement.
- Determine the tax consequences of divorce-related transfers of business interests.
- Identify recent developments affecting the taxation of small businesses and their owners.
- Starting a Business
- Retirement Plans
- Affordable Care Act
- Owner Compensation
- Transactions with Owners
- Recent Developments – PATH Act of 2015
DESIGNED FORCPAs looking for innovative tax planning and savings techniques to solve client problems
FIELD OF STUDY