The many changes made to the Internal Revenue Code since 2001 have created numerous unique planning opportunities for individuals. Careful tax planners must weigh current rules with an eye toward the future. This course will assist the practitioner in charting alternatives and guiding clients through these complex tax times. Planning is a year-round process, and this course is loaded with ideas that can be used throughout the year to reduce taxes. Among the ideas discussed will be the Alternative Minimum Tax, charitable giving, tax-saving strategies for real estate owners and investors, and much more. Working systematically through Form 1040, the practitioner will be given many ideas on how to reduce taxes through advance planning.
Course ID: TPXX
Tax Planning Based on Form 1040
- To teach the practitioner to chart alternatives and guide clients through complex tax issues based on Form 1040
- To provide strategies for reviewing a prior year’s tax return and identifying tax planning opportunities.
- Health savings accounts (HSAs)
- Alternative Minimum Tax-how to deal with it
- Roth IRAs-proper use
- The importance of AGI in tax planning
- Alternative techniques and strategies using Section 529 plans
- Coverdell Educational Savings Accounts
- Small business owner strategies
- Retirement planning strategies
- Income shifting to children-a revised strategy
- Strategic estate planning advice integrated with income tax planning