Contemporary tax practice is about more than putting numbers in little boxes. Persons in senior positions in a tax preparation function must know both how to find correct answers and why it’s important to do so. This program offers advanced level training for both. Efficient and effective tax research methods and an understanding of what constitutes “substantial authority” come first, along with an explanation of how to find and evaluate various sources. That done, we move on to the why. Treasury regulations, AICPA professional standards, and preparer penalties in the Internal Revenue Code demand that you employ “due diligence” in your tax practice. Anything less exposes you to censure, monetary penalties, and possible loss of privilege or credential.
Course ID: STRQ
Streamlined Tax Staff Training – Tax Research and Quality Control Issues
- Apply efficient review techniques to income tax returns of all types
- Identify key issues in research projects and answer tax questions
- ?Employ quality control principles required by Treasury Circular 230 and AICPA Statements of Standards for Tax Services
- Communicate the results of your work efficiently and effectively
- ?Recognizing the tax questions in a client’s business plans
- Managing the process of return review and responding to questions from preparers
- Finding answers to tax questions
- Documenting tax research
- Ethical and quality control standards
DESIGNED FORAccountants moving up to reviewing income tax returns, answering questions about income tax issues, and taking responsibility for the quality of both returns and related tax advice.
FIELD OF STUDY