Sole proprietors make up the largest class of CPA firms. Yet, as a group, these single owners face difficult leadership issues, have limited support mechanisms and/or have, at best, ad-hoc support alternatives. Designed by leading CPA profession advisors and educators, this new and innovative program is designed to provide sole proprietors with the benefits shared by larger firms. As a group, you will tackle the issues directly facing sole proprietors. You will help determine the agenda by using a survey that will let the instructors know what is most important to you. The survey results from each firm will form the basis for your experience.
Course ID: SPRETRET
Sole Proprietor’s Retreat
- Tackle the issues facing sole proprietors
- Learn how to move your firm forward
- Enhance your personal and professional quality of life
- The retreat will include in-depth discussion, analysis, tools and checklists on the following subjects:
- Financial Performance and Strategic Objectives: annual operating plan; goal setting; succession planning; retirement issues; increased regulatory complexity and work-Life balance
- Implementing Value Pricing: how to compete on value not price; fixed price agreements; change orders; 100 percent money back guarantee and the necessity of pricing before work begins
- Client Critical Success Factors: targeting; selection; grading; termination and retention
- Measuring What Matters: selecting key predictive indicators; KPIs that provide a competitive advantage; staffing issues including: attracting, rewarding and retaining
- Retreat Follow-up: The group will reconvene via teleconference to evaluate your progress towards your annual plan objectives and individual firm changes. This follow-up session will be held before the tax crunch — and is designed to help you implement your goals. If the attendees at the session prefer to meet again in person versus telephone, we will plan accordingly.