This hands-on workshop will provide attendees with an overview of organic search (how prospects find you without paying for it) can be influenced through integrated social media tactics. We will explain how the search engines send out their robots and what they look for. We will review the importance of keywords and content (both micro – like Twitter and macro – like blogs). We will discuss how to repurpose content (both external and internally developed).
Course ID: BOOTCAMP
Social Media Bootcamp for Professional Service Firms
- This session will instruct attendees on how to engage with prospects, clients, referral sources, media and others by tactical usage of a variety of social media mediums.
- LinkedIn (individual, firm members and firm profiles)
- Twitter (understanding how to use keyword enhanced content in micro-blogging
- Location Based Marketing (using this class of tools to optimize search)
- Google (the backbone of the majority of social media, setting up profile, places, dashboard, +, etc)
- Facebook (optimizing firm pages, understanding RSS, and other tactics)
- YouTube (setting up a channel, keeping it fresh, etc)
- Yelp (monitoring and responding to – if needed – to what is being said about your firm)
- TBD (since this is a rapidly evolving medium, something else may emerge from the pack that is essential to cover)
- Each segment will include a brief introduction of theory and strategy (and may include real world examples). The remainder of the time will be spent hands-on, answering specific questions and reviewing current statuses.
DESIGNED FORAnyone interested in using social media as a marketing tool
FIELD OF STUDY