Goal setting is key for individuals who want to ensure that they are setting the right priorities and having the right conversations about contribution and personal development at work. Too often, individuals set goals that demonstrate high aspiration but do not lead to “measurable” results, producing subjective discussions about achievement.SMART is an acronym used in many organizations to guide the setting of goals which contribute to a culture of accountability and conversation. This workshop introduces the use of SMART, the development of SMART goals, and opportunities to practice writing goals that strengthen the individual and the organization.
Course ID: SGS
SMART Goal Setting: Setting Goals to Achieve and Contribute
- Create SMART goals that will become part of an annual cycle of goal setting, development, and coaching/mentoring
- Identifying the value of SMART goals as compared to general goals
- Changing general goals to SMART goals
- Defining S.M.A.R.T.
- Reviewing subjective goals and identifying how they put the individual at risk
- Developing SMART goals that can enhance individual achievement and contribution
DESIGNED FORAny professional who must define goals at work and wants to ensure their time is spent on high priority and personally/professionally relevant learning
FIELD OF STUDY
- Personnel/Human Resources