Solid tax planning strategies are essential for your corporate and small business clients. Join us as we explore state-of-the-art planning ideas and tax-saving strategies to keep more of your client’s money in their pockets. We’ll answer the tough questions and show you what strategies are best for your clients as a result of the most recent tax reform.
Course ID: STSB
Slashing Taxes for Your Small Business Clients: Corporations, Partnerships, & LLCs
- Identify important tax considerations for the small business at each stage of its life.
- Differentiate entity type options available for small businesses.
- Select an appropriate strategy for compliance with the Affordable Care Act employer provisions.
- Differentiate the various ways in which LLC owners may be subject to self-employment taxes.
- Choose the correct tax treatment for fringe benefits granted to partners and S corporation shareholders.
- Choose the most effective strategy for depreciation of business tangible property.
- Identify opportunities for timing of section 1231 losses.
- Compare tax impacts of various methods of leaving a partnership.
- Recognize tax issues involved in the exit of a shareholder from a corporation.
- Select among ways to dispose of or liquidate a business in a tax-efficient manner.
- Starting a business – the tax life of a business
- Selecting a business entity type
- Retirement Plan Options
- Complying with the Affordable Care Act
- Compensation of owners – hiring family members
- Reasonable Compensation
- Tangible property regulations
- Managing section 1231 losses
- Transactions with owners
- Buy-Sell and Noncompete agreements
- Exiting the business – special exit techniques
DESIGNED FORCPAs looking for innovative tax planning and savings techniques to solve client problems
FIELD OF STUDY