Surveys show that the average North American company completes their monthly financial statement closing in five days. Some companies are able to close their books in one day or less. Yet, many financial managers who are pressured to shorten financial statement preparation time, still struggle with the balance between accuracy and speed. This seminar will focus on three key aspects of every close and provide attendees with methods to prepare better quality financial information more cheaply and in less time.
Course ID: SME
Shorten Month End: Closing Best Practices
- To provide participants insight to complete their month-end financial statement closing faster, more cheaply and with better quality.
- Trends in financial statement closings including the Quick Close, Soft Close and Virtual Close
- Review and discuss information systems’ headaches that slow you down
- Work through examples of close cycle “time killers” and how to resolve them
- Get inventory and cost of sales under control
- Identify the improvement projects that will yield the biggest benefit
- Review what leading edge finance managers are doing to close more quickly
DESIGNED FORCorporate Financial Managers
FIELD OF STUDY