It is now clear that the Patient Protection and Affordable Act (PPACA) will impact all areas of organizations, from finance to operations. This session is an executive-level review of what is known, and project the timeline of the PPACA beyond. Handouts will include a current set of regulations and analysis of PPACA implementation issues.
Course ID: SILVER
Scary Thoughts and Silver Linings; What is Known and What is Probable for 2017 and Beyond
- Gain a broad understanding of the legal issues, tax impact, and implementation timeline of the PPACA, with an awareness of the impact of new rules and regulations on organizational strategy.
- Learning and awareness of progressive cost containment strategies that are intended to bend the cost curve, based on specific examples and case studies.
- Gain an understanding of the process of developing and implementing a benefits strategic plan aligned with organizational needs and values.
- Summarize the current status of the PPACA, and the projected impact on organizations of all sizes and types.
- Review the tax and legal compliance issues that are emerging
- Define the timeline of major implementation milestones
- Review progressive cost containment strategies, including technology-based transparency tools and advanced wellness plans.
- Share “next practices” on creating a comprehensive benefits strategic plan to control costs and align benefits with organizational strategy.
- All of this will be done with a focus on helping your organization engage and evolve within healthcare reform.