This course uses hands-on case studies based on real-world frauds to help participants carry out their financial statement fraud responsibilities. Auditors and corporate accounting and finance professionals in small-to medium-sized entities will find this course relevant. The course includes an overview of the auditor’s responsibilities related to financial statement fraud. In addition, the course includes information relevant to management’s responsibility for fraud and internal controls. Cases address revenue recognition, various financial statement manipulations, purchasing fraud, and other common areas of interest.
Course ID: FSME
Real World Fraud in Today’s Small- to Medium- Sized Entities
- Recognize how real-world frauds may affect entities.
- Identify key points related to the auditor’s responsibilities related to fraud during a financial statement audit.
- Recognize and recall ways to address common fraud committed within an organization.
- Hands-on case studies covering common fraud activities
- Internal controls in small- to medium-sized entities
- Professional standards and requirements
DESIGNED FORPractitioners and financial professionals responsible for preventing, detecting, and dealing with financial statement fraud
FIELD OF STUDY