Don’t be caught off guard by an ethics investigation. Adopt a proactive, risk-avoidance stance by sidestepping common pitfalls and taking alternative courses of action. To learn how, examine case studies based on real-life litigation and administrative proceedings involving CPAs in public practice and industry. Explore ethical issues in the context of actual proceedings that were resolved both in favor of and against accounting and auditing professionals. Achieve a new sense of appreciation for the difficulties faced by financial professionals and a heightened sensitivity to the types of ethical dilemmas you could face in the future.
Course ID: CL4RWBE
Real World Business Ethics
- Identify common accounting, auditing, and regulatory issues.
- Identify independence issues specifically when working with clients in an advisory capacity.
- Recognize how management integrity issues play directly into audit scope and procedures.
- Identify procedures for investigating and reporting financial irregularities when faced with corporate crisis.
- Identify the ethical obligations of CPA tax professionals under the Standards for Tax Services.
- Analysis of ethical requirements from standard setters
- Fact patterns from situations faced by CPAs in public practice
- Special ethical issues in select areas
DESIGNED FORCPAs in industry and practice who manage financial accounting and reporting and CPAs in public practice who audit both private and publicly held companies
FIELD OF STUDY
- Behavioral Ethics