This course will provide guidance and recommendations pertaining to providing attest and non-attest services to clients who are using QuickBooks, to help ensure effective and efficient client services while complying with performance standards (in attest), due professional care, and safeguarding confidential and cyber information.
Course ID: PSQ4
Professional Services Using QuickBooks
- Participants will be able to:
- Identify strategies to ensure compliance with objectivity and independence (when required by attest engagement) while working with client QuickBooks
- Implement accounting assist and support services to add value to client services while preserving integrity of ethical conceptual framework (the dangers of management participation)
- Implement controls and procedures to ensure confidentiality of client information and mitigate risks of cybersecurity issues when working with either desktop or remote online versions of QuickBooks
- What are the best practice recommendations to ensure QuickBooks accounting support services do not impede financial reporting engagements
- How to effectively provide the new preparation services with QuickBooks
- What are valuable nonattest practice services to provide using QuickBooks
- How to best use QuickBooks online (QBO) and still maintain security of information and data
- How to provide audit and/or review financial statements when also providing the client nonattest QuickBooks accounting support services
- How to ensure compliance with the AICPA Code of Conduct conceptual framework for objectivity and integrity, and for independence (when required) in client services involving QuickBooks
DESIGNED FORPractitioners providing client services that interact with QuickBooks, including writeup accounting and tax accounting services; assisting with maintaining financial or tax general ledger, payroll and other trust-fund tax services; QuickBooks troubleshooting; and assisting with/preparing information for financial statement reporting (audit, review or compilation), preparation services, or business advisory services pertaining to financial results.
FIELD OF STUDY