Pricing professionals have long debated the importance of understanding value versus cost. This seminar will show you why BOTH are important and why choosing only a single pricing tool will leave a company exposed to frequent pricing mistakes. Companies typically make their pricing mistakes on four types of products. This seminar will acquaint participants with a variety of pricing skills that will help make your company the “smart” competitor in any pricing situation.
Course ID: PFP
Pricing for Profitability: Strategies & Techniques
- Using practical, real-world examples the financial manager will learn to:
- Develop a structured method for planning profitable sales.
- Gain insight into how to establish pricing for products that are not “average.”
- Significantly reduce the need for “fudge factors” in customer quotations.
- Understand why choosing a single pricing technique can mean disaster
- Know why strategy development comes first
- Understanding your customer value proposition to earn a superior profit
- Understand why companies mess up pricing products that are not “average”
- Create a competitive advantage through superior product cost knowledge
- Avoid being the “dumb” competitor
- Understand pricing ethics and law
- Develop effective quoting models
- Know why the company with the best cost information wins Cases and Group Discussion: This seminar includes cases for group discussion.