Pricing professionals have long debated the importance of understanding value versus cost. This seminar will show you why BOTH are important and why choosing only a single pricing tool will leave a company exposed to frequent pricing mistakes. Companies typically make their pricing mistakes on four types of products. This seminar will acquaint participants with a variety of pricing skills that will help make your company the “smart” competitor in any pricing situation.
Course ID: PFP
Pricing for Profitability: Strategies & Techniques
- Using practical, real-world examples the financial manager will learn to:
- Develop a structured method for planning profitable sales.
- Gain insight into how to establish pricing for products that are not “average.”
- Significantly reduce the need for “fudge factors” in customer quotations.
- Understand why choosing a single pricing technique can mean disaster
- Know why strategy development comes first
- Understanding your customer value proposition to earn a superior profit
- Understand why companies mess up pricing products that are not “average”
- Create a competitive advantage through superior product cost knowledge
- Avoid being the “dumb” competitor
- Understand pricing ethics and law
- Develop effective quoting models
- Know why the company with the best cost information wins Cases and Group Discussion: This seminar includes cases for group discussion.
DESIGNED FORWe designed this seminar so that finance, marketing and engineering managers may attend together, intellectually challenging each group without getting them lost. We suggest financial managers also attend "Know Your Cost".
FIELD OF STUDY
- Business Mgmt & Organization
- Ethics - Regulatory