This course provides you with the tools necessary to enhance your not-for-profit accounting skills and create value-added services to clients. We take you beyond the theory through a case-study-intense, highly interactive, classroom environment where you will examine, evaluate, and perform case studies enhancing your working knowledge of fundamental not-for-profit accounting and reporting.
Course ID: CL4FSNPO
Not-for-Profit Organizations: Key Accounting and Reporting Considerations
- Identify major components of accounting and reporting in not-for-profit organizations.
- Recognize appropriate accounting for recording and recognizing contributions.
- Identify concepts related to valuation of contributed services and promises received near year-end.
- Determine the appropriate accounting for membership dues under various scenarios.
- Contributed services
- Membership fees
- Common financial statement mistakes
- Grant contributions and exchange transactions
DESIGNED FORAuditors, practitioners and accounting and finance professionals of not-for-profit organizations
FIELD OF STUDY
- Accounting (Gvmt)