Do you know how to handle transactions unique to the not-for-profit environment? During this course you will gain hands-on experience with case studies designed to simulate real-world scenarios and common problems in today’s not-for-profit environment. This course goes beyond the theory and will show you how to navigate the key issues that arise in not-for-profit accounting and auditing.
Course ID: CL4CNFP
Not-for-Profit Accounting and Auditing: Practical Cases for CPAs
- Recognize financial statement presentation deficiencies.
- Properly apply the three net asset classifications.
- Understand key considerations in the auditor’s identification of fraud risk factors.
- Identify the accounting differences between contribution and exchange transaction revenues.
- Discuss key issues relating to the recording and valuation of contributed services.
- Properly apply concepts related to contributed services.
- Financial statement requirements
- Net asset classifications
- Consideration of fraud
- Promises to give
- Distinguishing contributions from exchange transactions
- Auditing contributions
- Contributed services
DESIGNED FORNot-for-profit professionals responsible for accounting and reporting and auditors of not-for-profits
FIELD OF STUDY
- Accounting (Gvmt)
- Auditing (Gvmt)