Here you will find the financial management skills and business trends most critical for success in a nonprofit today. It boils down to delivering more efficient nonprofit financial management, more responsible governance, more robust accounting and controls, more effective resource management, and more useful performance management information. Choose this seminar to stimulate your focus on how to add maximum value today and develop better strategy for tomorrow.
Course ID: NPFM
Nonprofit Financial Management: Critical Competencies and Emerging Trends
- To focus on tools to deliver strategy-based, action-oriented, decision-useful management accounting and reporting services to nonprofits.
- Modern Nonprofit Business Environment – Socioeconomic drivers of `nonprofit culture’ – Legal and regulatory nonprofit criterion – Changing approach to nonprofit governance – Major economic trends and challenges
- Financial and Risk Management Processes – Matching finance strategy to mission scope – Fundraising program design and tools – ROI for Nonprofits – Integrating risk management programs
- Nonprofit External and Internal Accounting – Building a healthy money culture – Quality control in six key accounting practices – Essentials and best practices in cost accounting
- Strategic Performance Management – Nonprofit business models – Nonprofit performance improvement concepts – Nonprofit balanced scorecard design Cases and Group Discussion: The seminar includes group discussion of five exercises or case studies.