This course will explore the concept of the “New Industry Accountant” and the key economic and regulatory issues that will have a substantial impact on financial and accounting projections for the next several years.
Course ID: MFINIA
Macroeconomic Factors Influencing the New Industry Accountant
- At the conclusion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Analyze the impact of international economic turmoil and uncertainly on the value of the USD and financial reporting in the U.S.
- Analyze the impact of emerging accounting issues to include IFRS, Dodd-Frank, and the Affordable Care Act.
- Analyze the impact of Quantitative Easing on the money supply and its effect on inflation.
- Analyze the impact of deflation on an organization and the global economy.
- Analyze the impact of interest rate changes both domestically and internationally.
The course will examine and walk-through key economic, accounting, and
finance issues across the United States and internationally and its effect on both domestic and
international corporations. A special focus will be provided on the effect on the knowledge base
required by the “new” industry accountant.