Increasingly, generational differences are causing conflict and frustration in many organizations. Some of the differences, from how an employee views a dress code or work hours to how work gets done and what a full day of work means, are creating dissension. Each generation seems to be communicating: “What are they thinking?” In this program, you will learn about generational differences and develop an appreciation for how valuable those differences can be. You’ll identify the areas where differences are most evident and discover ways to deal with them. This includes giving and receiving feedback, managing performance expectations, and increasing organizational effectiveness, productivity and harmony.
Course ID: GCMMG
Leadership and Generations: What Are They Thinking?
- Identify the four generational groups in the workplace
- Discover how these have shaped the generations and created noticeable differences
- Identify differences and similarities between generations on specific issues
- Identify the behaviors causing work conflicts
- Develop practical techniques for working with multiple generations
- The differing roles technology plays in the different generations
- Differences in communication styles
- Does diversity affect the organization’s effectiveness
DESIGNED FORLeaders, managers, supervisors, administrators who work in a multi-generational environment
FIELD OF STUDY