Get the confidence and understanding you need to stand up to the Internal Revenue Service. Learn about what may trigger an audit, how to negotiate with the IRS, settle on appeal, and qualify for an IRS collection program. Represent your client with confidence and evaluate your client’s best options for dealing with the IRS.
Course ID: CL4DIRS
IRS Disputes: Identifying Options for Your Client
- Determine whether a tax liability has been properly assessed against your client.
- Identify procedures IRS is required to follow in order to assess the Taxpayer.
- Recall how to advise clients about how to prevent the filing of federal tax liens and minimize the adverse effects of filed liens.
- Recall how to advise clients concerning the levy, seizure, and sale of property.
- Recall how to advise clients when they may be eligible for an IRS installment agreement.
- Identify the circumstances in which an installment agreement is in the client’s best interests.
- Recall how to advise clients about applying for an offer in compromise.
- Recall how to complete IRS Form 656 and a Collection Information Statement in order to maximize the probability of the offer in compromise being accepted.
- The Assessment Process
- The Collection Process for tax liens and levies
- The IRS process for seizures and sales of taxpayer property
- Installment Agreements
- Offers in Compromise