In the accounting profession, dealing with data is life. Doing it efficiently and effectively are skill differentiators. Power Query, part of Microsoft Power BI suite, is indispensable for extracting, transforming and loading data (the “ETL” of the commonly referred to ETLR). In this session, we will explore the basics of the Power Query add-in – extracting, transforming and preparing data for analysis.
Course ID: IDAPQ
Introduction to Data Analytics with Power Query (Get and Transform in Excel 2016)
- Import and transform basic data into Excel using Power Query
- Understand and apply the data load capabilities of loading into Excel versus loading into the “data model”, and why it matters
- Transform data and add extra fields to the data set to drive increased data flexibility for analysis purposes
In this course, we take a deep dive into Power Query (Excel 2016 Get and Transform), which is Excel’s robust query tool. We will explore the basics of extracting and transforming data, which is the first necessary step to data analysis and reporting! Topics include:
- Top 6 features most important to accountants (data source flexibility, appending queries, unpivot, etc.)
- Exploration of real Power Query use cases, many of which accountants could implement immediately
- A summary of top resources and experts to get you started on the journey of learning Power Query
Excel workbooks will be made available for all participants to use at their leisure and further explore the topics discussed.
DESIGNED FORAny business professional responsible for managing and working with data
FIELD OF STUDY
- Information Technology