Most companies protect themselves from outside fraudsters, but few know it’s own employees are a bigger risk.
Course ID: JKINTHRT
Internal Threats: Detecting and Preventing Cybercrime, Theft and Abuse
- After completing the course you will be able to..
- Understand the risks of inside fraud and abuse
- Know opportunities for employee fraud
- Recognize which employees are at higher risk of fraud
This discussion presents the risks, opportunities and frames the types of crimes that companies face from internal sources. Professor Kennedy will cover..
- The elements of fraud opportunity structures
- The importance of conducting a proper fraud risk assessment
- Criminal advantages insiders leverage, and the behavior cues to detect fraud and abuse
- How simple organizational controls reduce fraud risk, and minimize many types of fraud and abuse
DESIGNED FORCPAs in public practice, business and industry, managing partners, general counsel, compliance officers, chief learning officers, risk managers, and regulators
FIELD OF STUDY