Give clients the confidence they need to entrust you with the future of their assets. Learn what’s involved in the creation and administration of trusts and the concepts that are fundamental to understanding trust documents and the preparation of relevant tax returns. This comprehensive course demonstrates critical concepts and provides a foundational understanding of trusts and trust documents.
Course ID: TRUS
Income Taxation of Trusts: Minimizing Your Clients Taxes
- Identify the nature of a trustee’s fiduciary duty.
- Identify the elements of a trust.
- Recognize different types of trusts.
- Understand the laws that govern a trust.
- Identify how a trust is created, modified, amended, or terminated.
- Demonstrate the various uses trusts can serve in an estate plan.
- Highlight the significance of the Uniform Principal and Income Act.
- Understand how trusts are taxed.
- Elements of a trust
- Investments of a trust
- Laws that govern a trust
- Creation, termination and modification of trusts
- Anatomy of a trust
- Uses of a trust in estate planning
- Fundamentals of fiduciary accounting
- Taxation of trusts
- Tax treatment of grantor trusts
DESIGNED FORCPAs and financial planners with basic knowledge of federal income tax concepts
FIELD OF STUDY