This is the third of three levels in staff development that have been designed to provide continuing progress in the development for staff. The course will focus on the need to plan effectively and consider efficiencies to manage an engagement. Beside mastering the technical knowledge, responsibility is now added to train and supervise assistants. The in-charge will now be responsible for supervision, training and review of the documentation accumulated in an engagement.
Course ID: SL3
In-Charge Staff – A&A Staff Level 3
- To provide guidance and hands-on experience with case studies, to adequately plan, supervise assistants and review documentation that supports the report.
- Role and responsibilities of the in-charge accountant
- Planning cost efficient and effective audits
- Managing an engagement for profitability
- Reviewing and applying the linkage requirement with further audit procedures
- Using analytical procedures for substantive testing
- Documentation required for substantive testing using analytical procedures
- Sufficiency and reliability of evidence
- Reviewing documentation utilizing case studies
- Writing and resolving review comments
- Assistant training and supervision
- Common peer review deficiencies
DESIGNED FORAccountants that have participated in several audit engagements. As staff gain experience, the planning and reporting phases of an engagement become more complex and will require the in-charge to develop skills to manage an engagement including consideration of review of documentation and supervision of assistants. This course will provide insight into the expectation of this expanded level of performance.
FIELD OF STUDY