In today’s interconnected world of accounting and financial reporting, basic competency in IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) is an important component of the financial professional’s toolbox. Multinational organizations, U.S.-based subsidiaries of foreign corporations, U.S.-based parent companies with international subsidiaries that have adopted IFRS, and the individuals and firms who provide these companies with audit, preparation, or advisory services can all benefit from this course. You will not only gain an understanding of the background and framework of IFRS, but also how to apply specific IFRS standards in financial statement preparation. This course will help you gain a core competency in IFRS as the acceptance and adoption of IFRS grows.
Course ID: REIF
IFRS Standards: Financial Reporting in a Global Environment
- Apply specific IFRS accounting requirements to related financial statement line items.
- Determine disclosure requirements for significant accounting topics.
- Identify potential issues that may arise with complex accounting topics under IFRS.
- IFRS background and framework
- IFRS for specific financial statement line items
- Complex accounting topics including derivatives, hedging, business combinations, and consolidations